BeerPal Forums | back to Website Comments | Reply To This Topic | Start a New Topic

Suggested Improvement to site
Displaying posts #1 to #5 of 5

AuthorMessage
richsbeer

7 posts
Posted May 12 2019 at 4:29:08 PM   |
| Reply |

In the old BeerPal on the brewery summary page, the DB used to check mark all the beers from that brewery that you had tried, now in the new DB that does not happen. I found that feature to be very helpful when I was at a store, bar etc. now I have to click on each beer to see if I have tried it before. Between my advanced age and number of beers consumed I have a hard time remembering all the beers I've tried before. Is it possible to bring this feature back?
cyrenaica

1562 posts
Posted May 13 2019 at 9:27:27 AM   |
|

i've been meaning to bring this up as well. I think about it every time I visit a brewery page to see what I've had or had not.
Cybercat

107 posts
Posted May 16 2019 at 10:45:42 PM   |
|

A couple other beer rating sites do that. It is a very helpful feature when I go to a brewery or brewpub and want to try something new.
richsbeer

7 posts
Posted May 19 2019 at 7:50:33 AM   |
|

So it seems every one agrees so is this something that can happen???
Flashpro

3279 posts
Posted May 20 2019 at 10:03:16 PM   |
|

I thought Chopz mentioned this missing feature before, but I could be wrong. The reason it's not on the new site is that it made the brewery page take so much longer to load. I couldn't figure out a good database query.

It's been on my list of things to do. Maybe I'll just throw it in there and let it load slowly for now. Or maybe I'll get lucky and come up with a faster query.

Reply To This Topic